Skip to main content

Just Do it

 
Google image

"Do or do not.  There is no try." ~ Yoda

✏ Ever mean to do something and then it's too late? Ahhh, the regrets.  Yea, me too.  In fact, this week.  

Usually that something is not imperative-like a text or card sent, a task done or a 'to do' list.  Sometimes, for some, it is bigger - "I meant to pursue that degree" or "I always wanted to go to that place".  

My neighbor passed away unexpectedly this week, and it got me thinking about all the intentions we hold and don't act on.  Please don't think this week will be about guilt; we all have enough on our plate that we don't need extra helpings of guilt.

✏ I hope to inspire myself, and possibly you, to make a short-term goal this week of one thing we intend to do that is achievable, lift it up to God, and then do it.  Just one thing.  

Here's some suggestions that come to mind (for myself)- maybe yours are loftier, more meaningful to you, or more daring:

✏ 




✏ My list might be snoresville to you who are more daring, but these are my way of adding meaning to my life.  What's yours? 


How was God intentional towards us?

" You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.  Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in Your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day passed." Psalms 139:13-16

"For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Eph 2:10

Why should we be intentional?
"So teach us to realize the brevity of life, that we may grow in wisdom." Psalms 90:12

"So be careful how you live.  Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise.  Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do." Eph 5:15-17

How should we be intentional?
"Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed." Prov 16:3

"Carefully determine what pleases the Lord." Eph 5:10

What was God's biggest intentional act?
"For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." 2 Cor 5:21

✏ Can we think of one thing to do this day or this week? Give ourselves a hug when it's done because at the end of it all, hopefully it blessed and showed Jesus to someone.

✙ Dear God, You made us so intentionally, with all our strengths and weaknesses known to You.  Help us to use our hands & feet & gifts to show someone they are loved today.  Give us the same heart of Jesus that compelled Him to make everyone He came in contact with feel valued.  Amen.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

  🍂  A TRUE FRIEND ACCEPTS WHO YOU ARE, BUT ALSO HELPS YOU BECOME WHO YOU SHOULD BE ~ unknown small thing #3 - a friend in need is a friend indeed   🍂  I'm not what you would call a 'touchy feely person'; I'm more of a taskmaster.  I make lists about things I've already done to see them in a list. I think in bullets, I am direct, and an extrovert most of the time. I sometimes just say what others are thinking.   I am a "one" on the personality enneagram I'm told (I'm sure that's going to cause some of you enneagram experts to put me in a particular profile box) but I am probably better fit for a bag that changes forms.  I want to constantly be changing and redefining myself (for the better I hope).  So the fact that I said I am a one and I want to change should show I can't be defined.  Except I'm constantly critical of myself - oh wait - that's what a "one" is. Here's one Enneagram chart I found:           ...

Knocking on Heaven's Door

  "Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal." ~ Troy Ramey, artist My mom knocked on heaven's door this week, and was let in.  She had lived 94 years on this earth- through the Great Depression, tragedy, and a host of health issues- but plodded on with feistiness and a sense of humor. My mourning wasn't the only woe being experienced this week- miscarriages, mental illness, broken family relationships, fear of uncertainty - all woes this broken world has handed out to people I love.  And the prince of this world loves to throw them at us relentlessly.  Lord, how do we endure? How do we fight back the tendency to grow tired of it and let it rob us of our  joy? We ask God to give us the fruit of self-control and guard our minds.    "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."...

Oh The Places You'll Go!

  Reading of "Oh The Places You'll Go  "Congratulations!  Today is your day!  You're off to great places!  You're off and away!  ~ Oh The Places You'll Go by Dr. Suess It's that time of year - hundreds of thousands are graduating from preschool through college and Dr. Seuss wrote a primary book that applies to each one of these levels - it's really quite genius. 🎓  Touching on some of the conceptual highlights, as always we sift them through God's Word... 🎓  "You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes" - "So prepare your minds for actions and exercise self-control.  Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world."  1 Pet 1:13 🎓  "You can steer yourself any direction you choose"; avoid the 'not so good street'.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.  Seek His will in all you do, and He will s...