Skip to main content

Just Do it

 
Google image

"Do or do not.  There is no try." ~ Yoda

✏ Ever mean to do something and then it's too late? Ahhh, the regrets.  Yea, me too.  In fact, this week.  

Usually that something is not imperative-like a text or card sent, a task done or a 'to do' list.  Sometimes, for some, it is bigger - "I meant to pursue that degree" or "I always wanted to go to that place".  

My neighbor passed away unexpectedly this week, and it got me thinking about all the intentions we hold and don't act on.  Please don't think this week will be about guilt; we all have enough on our plate that we don't need extra helpings of guilt.

✏ I hope to inspire myself, and possibly you, to make a short-term goal this week of one thing we intend to do that is achievable, lift it up to God, and then do it.  Just one thing.  

Here's some suggestions that come to mind (for myself)- maybe yours are loftier, more meaningful to you, or more daring:

✏ 




✏ My list might be snoresville to you who are more daring, but these are my way of adding meaning to my life.  What's yours? 


How was God intentional towards us?

" You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.  Thank You for making me so wonderfully complex!  Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it.  You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.  You saw me before I was born.  Every day of my life was recorded in Your book.  Every moment was laid out before a single day passed." Psalms 139:13-16

"For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Eph 2:10

Why should we be intentional?
"So teach us to realize the brevity of life, that we may grow in wisdom." Psalms 90:12

"So be careful how you live.  Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise.  Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do." Eph 5:15-17

How should we be intentional?
"Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed." Prov 16:3

"Carefully determine what pleases the Lord." Eph 5:10

What was God's biggest intentional act?
"For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." 2 Cor 5:21

✏ Can we think of one thing to do this day or this week? Give ourselves a hug when it's done because at the end of it all, hopefully it blessed and showed Jesus to someone.

✙ Dear God, You made us so intentionally, with all our strengths and weaknesses known to You.  Help us to use our hands & feet & gifts to show someone they are loved today.  Give us the same heart of Jesus that compelled Him to make everyone He came in contact with feel valued.  Amen.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

  🍂  A TRUE FRIEND ACCEPTS WHO YOU ARE, BUT ALSO HELPS YOU BECOME WHO YOU SHOULD BE ~ unknown small thing #3 - a friend in need is a friend indeed   🍂  I'm not what you would call a 'touchy feely person'; I'm more of a taskmaster.  I make lists about things I've already done to see them in a list. I think in bullets, I am direct, and an extrovert most of the time. I sometimes just say what others are thinking.   I am a "one" on the personality enneagram I'm told (I'm sure that's going to cause some of you enneagram experts to put me in a particular profile box) but I am probably better fit for a bag that changes forms.  I want to constantly be changing and redefining myself (for the better I hope).  So the fact that I said I am a one and I want to change should show I can't be defined.  Except I'm constantly critical of myself - oh wait - that's what a "one" is. Here's one Enneagram chart I found:                    

What Are You Made Of?

Michelangelo-Creation of Adam "Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself." ~ C.S. Lewis   ☝ What are you made of?  Sugar, spice, everything nice? Or snips and snails and puppy dog tails?  Spit and vinegar?  How were we made?  What do we do with how we're made?   Do we say "That's just how I am" (referring to both our strengths and weaknesses)?  Do we think we are what we eat?  (If so I am "en fuego" because of flaming hot Cheetos.)   ☝ When I think of how I'm made, I think sometimes I am like cookie dough - a little structure (flour), seasoned (salt), joyful (chocolate chips), sweet (sugar)- all looks good on the outside when put together; but I know what else is inside that isn't visible:  a mixture of selfishness, anger, arrogance, insecurity, doubting, a lack of confidence.  Perceptions lead to beliefs.  Or do beliefs lead to perceptions? And are they accurate? The ChocolaTess So just what are we made of?  Let's look at wh

Why is This Happening To Me???

photo source "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."  ~ Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher  (& also Kelly Clarkson) 👀Why is this happening to me?  Ever asked yourself that?  Are you asking yourself that right now?  I do.  Every. Single. Day.  Let me explain. 👀  As you may already know, I retired last year from a lucrative (haha) teaching career with 8th graders in math.  I know.  Vowing to NEVER GO BACK and literally kissing the ground I walked on that wasn't my 8th grade classroom every day, I thanked my Lord that I was free.  I was singing Alice Cooper's "School's Out" every day.  But oh dear ones, never say never.  A friend texted me and asked if I wanted to teach 8th grade math for a semester to kids that had no teacher but were learning online.  I strongly and confidently said "Nope" and shortly thereafter felt an urging (I would say that's how God directs me) and reconsidered.   Sometimes I think God has a sense of