Skip to main content

We Are Made To Order

 
google image

"Without order in your life, you will realize that you will only be busy but without commensurate results." 
~ Sunday Adelaja, Pastor

🍂 I love autumn.  Especially now that I don't have to lay down in the aisles of the store & cry when I see school supplies showing up in July.  (I still get excited about buying a new planner though.) 

Yes, I put my fall decorations up in August because 1) my house/my rules, and 2) it's really hard to break a 25 year old habit of once school starts it is really considered fall.  

🍂 And it's my happy place.  I've blogged several times about surrounding yourself with things you love, and I love everything to do with fall - the colors, the smell of leaves falling, the crisper evenings, football & hockey, the foods- candy corn, hot apple cider, pumpkin spice lattes. 


Plus, it's almost boot season so I can finally quit worrying about what my feet look like.

🍂 Nature has an order - wildlife starts storing up for the winter, foliage changes, the garden ripens, weather changes.  The plants go dormant, the days get shorter, birds migrate, everything adapts.  God thought of it ALL.  

"For God is not a God of confusion but of peace." 1 Cor 14:33


God created the world and all it contains in 6 days, even resting on the 7th.  He creates babies in the womb so that the heart, nervous system and brain begin developing around the 5th or 6th week, and then provides for its needs with an environment til birth.  

The different animal and plant species He made adapt to their habitats.  The earth He formed rotates the exact needed distance around the sun to sustain life. The codes within a DNA molecule carry specific genetic information to build cells.



🍂 None of this happened by chance.  When God goes from the macro to the micro and embeds such detail in both, why would we ever question any part of what He has done and can do?  

"For by Him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through Him and for Him.  And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." 
Col 1:16-17


🍂 What is on your heart today?  What is on your family/friend's heart today that you are walking through with them?  Take them a pumpkin spice latte and remind them of the God we serve- who desires that we come to Him and lay our burdens at His feet - 

"Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Heb 4:16


🍂 He has designed us as intricately as He did everything in the universe, and knows our  needs, strengths and desires.  He has established our steps (Ps 37:23) and works all things together for our good  because we are called according to His purpose (Rom 8:28).  

Let's not make any room in our lives for doubt, distrust or lack of confidence in just how big our God is.  Combat the thoughts with the truth of God's word; for ourselves and the people we do life with.  Be familiar with what He's done; trust Him for what He's doing even when it doesn't make sense.  

Otherwise we are just spinning our wheels and hoping in idols - anything that is not God.

🍂 He is the God of order;  we are uniquely created by Him out of pure Love, without any mistakes.  

✙ Heavenly Father, You have made it clear in Your Word to us that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, knit together in the womb.  You knew when we would live on this earth, and the challenges we would face.  You have placed others in our lives to be encouraged by us and to encourage us.  Thank You for being the one and only true God that doesn't change and doesn't make mistakes.  Help us to know You better and love you more deeply.  Amen.   

Comments

  1. Please, don't ever stop writing, you have a gift, your words speak to my soul!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouraging words!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

  🍂  A TRUE FRIEND ACCEPTS WHO YOU ARE, BUT ALSO HELPS YOU BECOME WHO YOU SHOULD BE ~ unknown small thing #3 - a friend in need is a friend indeed   🍂  I'm not what you would call a 'touchy feely person'; I'm more of a taskmaster.  I make lists about things I've already done to see them in a list. I think in bullets, I am direct, and an extrovert most of the time. I sometimes just say what others are thinking.   I am a "one" on the personality enneagram I'm told (I'm sure that's going to cause some of you enneagram experts to put me in a particular profile box) but I am probably better fit for a bag that changes forms.  I want to constantly be changing and redefining myself (for the better I hope).  So the fact that I said I am a one and I want to change should show I can't be defined.  Except I'm constantly critical of myself - oh wait - that's what a "one" is. Here's one Enneagram chart I found:                    

What Are You Made Of?

Michelangelo-Creation of Adam "Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself." ~ C.S. Lewis   ☝ What are you made of?  Sugar, spice, everything nice? Or snips and snails and puppy dog tails?  Spit and vinegar?  How were we made?  What do we do with how we're made?   Do we say "That's just how I am" (referring to both our strengths and weaknesses)?  Do we think we are what we eat?  (If so I am "en fuego" because of flaming hot Cheetos.)   ☝ When I think of how I'm made, I think sometimes I am like cookie dough - a little structure (flour), seasoned (salt), joyful (chocolate chips), sweet (sugar)- all looks good on the outside when put together; but I know what else is inside that isn't visible:  a mixture of selfishness, anger, arrogance, insecurity, doubting, a lack of confidence.  Perceptions lead to beliefs.  Or do beliefs lead to perceptions? And are they accurate? The ChocolaTess So just what are we made of?  Let's look at wh

Why is This Happening To Me???

photo source "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."  ~ Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher  (& also Kelly Clarkson) 👀Why is this happening to me?  Ever asked yourself that?  Are you asking yourself that right now?  I do.  Every. Single. Day.  Let me explain. 👀  As you may already know, I retired last year from a lucrative (haha) teaching career with 8th graders in math.  I know.  Vowing to NEVER GO BACK and literally kissing the ground I walked on that wasn't my 8th grade classroom every day, I thanked my Lord that I was free.  I was singing Alice Cooper's "School's Out" every day.  But oh dear ones, never say never.  A friend texted me and asked if I wanted to teach 8th grade math for a semester to kids that had no teacher but were learning online.  I strongly and confidently said "Nope" and shortly thereafter felt an urging (I would say that's how God directs me) and reconsidered.   Sometimes I think God has a sense of