Skip to main content

You Got This Girl!

Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci-The Louvre, Paris


"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
~Rosalind Russell
 


💋 Women amaze me.  Moms leave me awestruck.  Female entrepreneurs are inspiring.  A woman with a servant's heart is admirable.  Any woman accomplished in the music, dance or medical field deserves their own See's Candy factory.  And to own a hockey team.

Women can lead so successfully from an external "take control" stance, or they can quietly guide and accomplish the highest of endeavors.  

💋 This isn't a girlpower blog, just an admiration for the way God has empowered women to add richness to life, make it more meaningful, and pour love into it in so many ways.

I have two of my grandkids this week while their parents are in Europe.  I know, I hear you saying now - "What? You're too old!"  I'm here to tell you that's almost true.

💋 However, as I observe my 8 year old granddaughter, I see where the desires of ruling the world originate.  She is ready to try anything, dress however she wants in her own style (with no fear of judgment from anyone), find a use for everything, happily teach you about whatever you want to know, and devise the rules for the game du jour she has just created.  And then giggle.


💋 Oh if she could just keep that frame of mind through her life and not let the enemy attack her identity.  Isn't that what we do? We listen to Satan replace God's Word with lies that belittle, confuse, distort, even scare us.

LIE- The enemy tells us outward appearance is priority, critical, and defines us. 

TRUTH- God tells us:

"Don't be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes.  You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God." 1 Pet 3:3-4

LIE- The enemy tells us God is too busy for us, we are on our own & need to plan it ourselves-it's up to us.

TRUTH - God tells us: 

"For we are God's masterpiece.  He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Eph 2:10


LIE: The enemy tells us we can't do it, we aren't enough, we hold very little value. 

TRUTH- God creates virtuous and capable women:

"She finds wool and flax and busily spins it.  She is like a merchant's ship, bringing food from afar.  She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day's work for her servant girls.  She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard.  She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.  She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.  Her hands are busy spinning, thread her fingers twisting fiber.  She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.  She has no fear of winter for her household for everyone has warm clothes.  She makes her own bedspreads.  She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns." Prov 31:13-22

""She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.  When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.  She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness." Prov 31: 25-27

💋 I mean, this woman has been entrusted with talents to do whatever she dreams!  Our God does that!

Mona Lisa is one of the most famous faces in history for many reasons- Da Vinci used his vast knowledge of math (geometry, the Golden Ratio), as well as emotion.  Did you know that the Mona Lisa is a visual representation of happiness?  In Italy, she is referred to as 'La Gioconda', which means 'the joyous woman'.  

💋 Let's ask God how we can take joy in living the life He  has created for us today. 

✙ Dear Lord, You have designed us to worship You, and we want to live lives that demonstrate that.  Help us do that by knowing what You say is true about us.  Help us to close our eyes and ears to the enemy, and only see Your Truth.  Thank You for making us who we are-You are our Good Father.  Amen. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

  🍂  A TRUE FRIEND ACCEPTS WHO YOU ARE, BUT ALSO HELPS YOU BECOME WHO YOU SHOULD BE ~ unknown small thing #3 - a friend in need is a friend indeed   🍂  I'm not what you would call a 'touchy feely person'; I'm more of a taskmaster.  I make lists about things I've already done to see them in a list. I think in bullets, I am direct, and an extrovert most of the time. I sometimes just say what others are thinking.   I am a "one" on the personality enneagram I'm told (I'm sure that's going to cause some of you enneagram experts to put me in a particular profile box) but I am probably better fit for a bag that changes forms.  I want to constantly be changing and redefining myself (for the better I hope).  So the fact that I said I am a one and I want to change should show I can't be defined.  Except I'm constantly critical of myself - oh wait - that's what a "one" is. Here's one Enneagram chart I found:                    

What Are You Made Of?

Michelangelo-Creation of Adam "Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself." ~ C.S. Lewis   ☝ What are you made of?  Sugar, spice, everything nice? Or snips and snails and puppy dog tails?  Spit and vinegar?  How were we made?  What do we do with how we're made?   Do we say "That's just how I am" (referring to both our strengths and weaknesses)?  Do we think we are what we eat?  (If so I am "en fuego" because of flaming hot Cheetos.)   ☝ When I think of how I'm made, I think sometimes I am like cookie dough - a little structure (flour), seasoned (salt), joyful (chocolate chips), sweet (sugar)- all looks good on the outside when put together; but I know what else is inside that isn't visible:  a mixture of selfishness, anger, arrogance, insecurity, doubting, a lack of confidence.  Perceptions lead to beliefs.  Or do beliefs lead to perceptions? And are they accurate? The ChocolaTess So just what are we made of?  Let's look at wh

Why is This Happening To Me???

photo source "That which does not kill us makes us stronger."  ~ Friedrich Nietzsche, German philosopher  (& also Kelly Clarkson) 👀Why is this happening to me?  Ever asked yourself that?  Are you asking yourself that right now?  I do.  Every. Single. Day.  Let me explain. 👀  As you may already know, I retired last year from a lucrative (haha) teaching career with 8th graders in math.  I know.  Vowing to NEVER GO BACK and literally kissing the ground I walked on that wasn't my 8th grade classroom every day, I thanked my Lord that I was free.  I was singing Alice Cooper's "School's Out" every day.  But oh dear ones, never say never.  A friend texted me and asked if I wanted to teach 8th grade math for a semester to kids that had no teacher but were learning online.  I strongly and confidently said "Nope" and shortly thereafter felt an urging (I would say that's how God directs me) and reconsidered.   Sometimes I think God has a sense of